The carrier unlock for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (old and new bootroom) with baseband versions 05.14.02 and 05.15.04 has finally been released by the iPhone Dev Team. The ultrasn0w unlock will let you to use your device with any GSM carrier including T-Mobile, ROGERS or others in addition to AT&T. Follow the guide below to unlock your device.
This version of ultrasn0w is compatible with Apple iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.1 with their corresponding basebands. iPhone 4 users are only supported till 01.59.00 and those stuck at 02.10.04 should wait some time before another update is released. You can check your iPhone’s iOS and baseband versions from the Settings menu.
Note: In order to unlock, your iPhone must be jailbroken. If you have not already, you can jailbreak your device using redsn0w by following our guide. If you’re using T-Mobile, remember to turn-off 3G from Settings menu before proceeding. The new procedure requires you to update your baseband to version 06.15.00, the same baseband that comes with iPad 3G with iOS 3.2.2.
Warning: The procedure would update your baseband from 05.14.02 and 05.15.04 to 06.15.00 in order to enable the unlock. You will not be able to revert back to older baseband once it is updates. As Apple doesn’t offer this baseband officially, you might lose the warranty for your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Procedure: (For Mac Users Only) - PwnageTool Baseband update
- Download PwnageTool 4.1.3 unlock edition. [Direct Link][Bittorrent].
- Download Apple iPad 3.2.2 IPSW for getting the updated baseband.
- Download Apple iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.2.1 for your device.
- Run PwnageTool 4.1.3 unlock edition and point it to the iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1 IPSW for your device.
- Once the iOS is verified, the installer with ask for baseband update. Select Yes and point to the IPSW of iPad 3.2.2.
- The PwnageTool will now make a custom IPSW for you to update. This might take a few minutes.
- Once the IPSW is made, update to it using the DFU mode from the installer or Restore to the new IPSW from iTunes. You can select custom IPSW from iTunes by pressing left-shift key while clicking the Restore option.
- Once the new firmware is installer, verify the modem firmware to be 06.15.00 from the settings menu. If this matches, proceed to the guide below to install ultrasn0w.
After the baseband of your iPhone 3G or 3GS is updated to the new version, you may follow this simple guide to update to the new version of ultrasn0w which will unlock your device.
- Open Cydia from your jailbroken iPhone.
- Tap on the Manage Tab and select Sources.
- From the sources menu, touch Edit and then Add the URL: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ and select Add Source. Cydia will now go through a series of steps to update the sources.
- After the update is complete, return to Cydia and go to the Search tab and type ultrasn0w.
- Select the ultrasn0w package and tap on Install and then confirm. Cydia will install the ultrasn0w package and unlock your iPhone. After the installation is complete, you’ll need to Reboot your device.
- After the iPhone has restarted, your carrier should now be working. You’ll be able to change the SIM with any GSM carrier of your choice.
(For Windows and Mac Users):