Apple recently released the iOS 4.0.1 update for iPhone targeted at resolving the signal solving problem as well as updating the signal strength calculating formula. Redsn0w has already released jailbreak for this update, which for now works only with iPhone 3G. The jailbreak for iPhone 4 and 3GS for iOS 4.0.1 is expected soon.
For iPhone 3G:
- Download the iOS 4.0.1 for your iPhone.
- Now update your device to the latest firmware 4.0.1 using iTunes.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Windows or Mac.
- Run Redsn0w and give it the path to the IPSW file for iOS 4.0 which can be downloaded from here.
- Now proceed with the setup and select “Install Cydia’.
- Turn OFF the device and plug it to your computer and select ‘next’.
- Press the POWER and HOME button simultaneously to enter into recovery mode.
- Now press the POWER button and while pressing, hold the HOME button. Now release the POWER button and let the installation start. The jailbroken iOS 4.0.1 will now install which you can verify later.
HardwareInsight does not support jailbreaking and does not endorse any issues due to following the procedure listed in this page.
You may also Like:Twitter or like our page on Facebook to keep updated with technology bits.