Latest from the world of HTC, their candy UI is getting an upgrade from the version 4.0 which is available on the latest phone i.e. the ONE X and ONE S series to 4.1 with reported upgrades and bug fixes. The Sense UI is known to be very smooth and best UI out there for android phones. Since their Sense 3.6, HTC had been trying to bring the Android influence back on their devices; however the influence always slowed down the phones and there were some bugs as well.
Well that is going to change, a ROM for HTC ONE X leaked earlier that sported the new sense interface, and there have been major changes and uplifts according to gsmarena. Here is the list of changes people have noticed after using the upgrade:
- No more lag while using a live wallpaper on the homescreen
- Removal of all the 3D effects in the application drawer, which improves performance
- New and improved kernel, which is a lot faster and said to score over 5900 in Quadrant compared to over 5100 with Sense 4.0.
- Improved battery life
- Improvement to Wi-Fi performance
- Dedicated button in camera interface to switch between the front and rear cameras
- Option to change the functionality of the Recent Apps key to make it work like a menu button
- Built on the new Android 4.0.4 update
- Fixes the multitasking issue, video wont reload on YouTube after you comeback from another application.
You can try the ROM on your ONE X if you want, just head over to XDA for a detailed procedure, leave your feedback if you try the new 4.1 interface and let us know about your experience with it.
For more news, reviews and information keep following HardwareInsight, follow us on Twitter or like our page on Facebook to keep updated with technology bits.