Apple today released the iOS 4.3 Gold Master for download that is already jailbroken using the existing jailbreak tools. However the current method is tethered for now. The other supported devices including iPhone 3GS, iPod Touches and iPad will be supported at a later time. The current method will require Universal Ramdisk Fixer, tetheredboot utility, iTunes 10.1 and PwnageTool 10.2 running on Mac OS X.
Following step-by-step procedure will guide you to jailbreak without updating the baseband. It applies to iPhone 4 only, for now.
Note: You’ll need access to iOS 4.3 GM bundle for iPhone 4 to continue this procedure.
- Download iOS 4.3 GM from Apple’s Developer page, you’ll need a Dev account to get one.
- Download PwnageTool 4.2 in your Mac and place it inside a new folder.
- Download PwnageTool Bundle [iPhone4] and extract it into the folder. You’ll find a file named iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190.bundle extracted. Now right click on the PwnageTool 4.2 you earlier downloaded, select “Show Package Contents”, navigate to /Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and copy the .bundle file in this folder.
Now you need to install the Universal Ramdisk Fixer to patch the broken Ramdisk files on iOS 4.3 using PwnageTool.
- You’ll need to simply download and install this Ramdisk Fixer to patch the PwnageTool so that it works with newly release iOS 4.3.
- Now start the PwnageTool, enter the expert mode, select your device followed by the iOS 4.3 .ipsw file and click on Build. The PwnageTool will now cook a custom firmware for you that is already jailbroken and does not update your baseband.
- Once this process is complete, simply open iTunes, click on “Restore” button while pressing the “alt” key and select the just created custom IPSW file. Let iTunes update your iPhone to the latest firmware. Once its complete, your iPhone is ready to use on the latest operating system.