The iOS 4.1 for iPhone and iPod Touch was released earlier which brings performance enhancements for iPhone 3G and updates the baseband. The iOS 4.1 can now be jailbreaked for iPhone 3G using the Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 6 for Mac. Follow the step-by-step procedure below to proceed with the jailbreak.
Warning: This method will update your baseband to 05.14.02. If you rely on ultrasn0w unlock, do you continue with this method and wait until a new method that preserves your baseband is available. This guide is only for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G devices.
Limitations: The jailbreak will be tethered for the “MC” models. The current procedure is only available for Mac, Windows version is expected soon.
1) Download iOS 4.1 for your device and update your device to the latest version using iTunes 10. Download link.
2) Download Redsn0w (Mac version) and point it to the iOS 4.1 you downloaded in the previous step.
3) In the menu, select “Install Cydia”, “Enable Multitasking”, “Enable homescreen wallpapers” and “Enable battery Percentage” and select next.
4) Now follow the on-screen instructions to enter Recovery Mode, the Redsn0w will now proceed with the jailbreak.
5) After the procedure is complete, the setup will restart your device and you’ll find Cydia installed.
Disclaimer: We will not be responsible for any damages incurred due to following this guide. Proceed at your own will.For more news, reviews and information keep following HardwareInsight, follow us on Twitter or like our page on Facebook to keep updated with technology bits.